A question which is most frequently asked by my students of MBA and MCA is.…
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A JOB INTERVIEW?
We at R. B. Institute of Business Management, believe that it’s not just theory teaching, which matters, students should also know the tips of facing an Interview, so that they can be do it more confidently.
An interview is a formal meeting in which a person (or persons) questions, consults or evaluates another person (or persons). It reveals the views, ideas and attitude of the person being interviewed as well as the skills of interviewer.
THE TIPS YOU SHOULD WORK ON FOR THE INTERVIEW :
- Try to appear your best at the Interview. Your appearance should convey that you have taken the interview seriously. Some tips for this-
Neat hair, clean nails, women should avoid heavy make-ups and flashy jewellery, avoid strong perfumes, formal dressing, clean shave and proper haircut for men, warm smile.
- Know about the company.
- Answer clearly and directly.
- Talk about yourself precisely.
- Talk about your achievements and strengths.
- Do not be argumentative.
- Be prepared with the targeted questions for the Interview.
- Address the Interviewer politely and take pauses where required.
- Be Confident.
- Re-assessing your resume.
Some important Non-verbal tips:
Don’t look away – it means lack of interest, lack of confidence or you are telling a lie.
Have a true and genuine smile
Stand, walk and sit tall
Best posture is to always lean forward slightly
Do not use artificial gestures
Keep a space of atleast 30-36 inches between you and the interviewer. Maintain proper distance
WHAT TO AVOID :
- Late to interview
- Poor appearance
- Too much expectations
- Criticism to previous employer
- Indefinite response to questions
- Lack of knowledge in field of specialization
- Lack of etiquette
- Overemphasis on salary
- Lack of preparation for the interview
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR INTERVIEWS…THANK YOU